- 1. Light is focused primarily by the cornea — the clear front surface of the eye, which acts like a camera lens.
- 2. The iris of the eye functions like the diaphragm of a camera, controlling the amount of light reaching the back of the eye by automatically adjusting the size of the pupil (aperture).
- 3. The eye's crystalline lens is located directly behind the pupil and further focuses light. Through a process called accommodation, this lens helps the eye automatically focus on near and approaching objects, like an autofocus camera lens.
- 4. Light focused by the cornea and crystalline lens (and limited by the iris and pupil) then reaches the retina — the light-sensitive inner lining of the back of the eye. The retina acts like an electronic image sensor of a digital camera, converting optical images into electronic signals. The optic nerve then transmits these signals to the visual cortex — the part of the brain that controls our sense of sight.
- 1. Do not rub your eye.
- 2. Splash it with clean water.
- 3. When water comes, or any irritation occur do not put your hand, put your handkerchief over your eye but wipe it over the chin this applies to any condition of like any particle entering the eye or trauma or cataract or corneal ulcer etc.
- 4. Eat more green vegetables like spinach /fenugreek/carrot/drumstick/fish which contains high vitamin A.
- 5. Do not eat outside eatables which are non-hygienic.
- 6. Reduce watching TV computer or mobile like gadgets which exhaust your eye.
It is increased intraocular pressure treated with either medication or various type of surgery.
- 1. Cataracts cloud our eye lenses, making it more difficult to see clearly. This may occur when proteins build up and form a cloudy layer on the lens.
- 2. You can almost think of it as condensation forming on the lens of a camera, making it more difficult to get a clear picture.
- 3. Treatment-now a days you can remove cataract with phacoemulsification almost outdoor procedure, and you can start work same day.
It is a remaining scar after corneal ulcer can be treated by keratoplasty.
It is vitreous fluid which is sometime normal and sometimes it occurs as a sign of retinal disturbances, but you need not panic try to ignore it or once you go to eye surgeon get it checked.
Immediately after birth, at five years, at 40 years and then after every two years for the rest of the life.
- There is a common belief that if you don’t wear glasses, your numbers will get increased and if you wear glasses, they will be decreased,This is not true.
- If have glasses you have to wear it, by wearing it, it will not reduce your number, but you can see clearly. By not wearing it will not increase your number, but you see blurry image.
- Do not put unnecessary eye drops without doctor’s prescription which will cause side effects.
Yes,now a days there are lot of improvised machine has come that remove your number without any complications.
If you have any surgical problems in your eye take full investigation, take 2 to 3 doctors’ opinion Know about complications if it is absolutely necessary with your life style then surgery is last option.As far as possible avoid surgery, it is a last option.
Headache has nothing to do with eye doctor, do not unnecessarily rush to eye specialist but go to neurologist.
Dark circles around your eyes is due to low Haemoglobin and excessive rubbing of your eyes.
- 1. Watering of eyes is very common condition due to eye infection/excessive exposure to air/heat/dry air Excessive rubbing etc.
- 2. If you analyse your eye everyday even common man can understand the condition of eye
- 1. If you have diabetes/hypertension/kidney/liver/or any other major illness like cancer you must Go for eye check-up. There may be retinal or any other disease in your eye. Our eye doctor predicts your general condition by checking your eye.
- 2. AT LAST EYE IS REFLECTION OF YOUR BODY AND BODY IS REFLECTION OF YOUR EYE.